i have landed on this planet, i believe it is the present moment
:: 13 hours of tech ::
went something like:
- wake up at 7am. try to blog and time travel all at once.
- have awesome complimentary hotel breakfast with the birdies
- shuttle to the Esplanade at 9:30am.
- try to be exactly where i need to be in any given moment—including but not limited to: being onstage for tech, being backstage on my computer, releasing into the floor for my body, being in the wings with the Esplanade crew to work through insane transitions/quick changes.
- lunch at mall food court. delicious and creepy.
- dragonfruit juice. yes.
- more of being where i need in the moment. including all of the above plus: eating Malay/Chinese hybrid sweet treats brought to us by the amazing man who works at the theater (must find out his name), brief bouts of bodywork for fellow cast members, manic running back and forth in the ginormous backstage area, tending to broken legs and souls (both human and puppet), smoking a much-needed cigarette with Bob.
- ouch. body hurts.
- karada kowaleta – “broken body.” an appropriate expression for today.
- we eat “Canadian pizza” and Greek salad with our hands.
- cracking up over our current state of affairs. ibuprofen and a backpack full of Wind-Up Bird Chronicle DVDs.
- come home to Hotel. hot shower. deal with my hair. sit in front of computer and try to make sense of my life. start to fall asleep with fingers hitting the keyboard. (again.) fail to make sense in any major way. acknowledge that i must prepare for a dress rehearsal/opening night tomorrow. Panic Face? no, sleepy face.
- assume sleeping position.
~ good night virtual world. dream world here i come. ~