:: in transit ::
and transitioning from one thing to the next.
today is my first official day of many things:
- official meeting for the Dalí Project with my Cosmic Twin. possibly meeting Dalí himself
- official meeting with my Japanese teacher (well, one of them anyway). and an inspiration for a possible Japanese-Dalí combo meeting
- first day after being back to work at Santos Party House. negotiating my work-nightlife with my work-day life
- first day going to the park since i’ve been back to NYC
- first day feeling like EWDIR (Everything We Do is Right.) just kidding! i feel that way every day.
and so i get to thinking about transitions and starting new things. re-starting old things. and how to focus on one thing fully when there are so many things to focus on.
this problem, as psychologist Barry Shwartz has articulated, is reminiscent of The Paradox of Choice. when we have too many options, we don’t know how to choose. we believe that greater choice leads to greater freedom, but infinite freedom is paralyzing (which is kind of the opposite of complete freedom). however, when we have too few choices, we don’t have freedom of choice either because then there are not enough options.CLICK TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE